NIOSH N95 Surgical Respirator Mask Description
Specifically designed for healthcare, these N95 surgical respirator masks help provide respiratory protection against airborne biological particles. These surgical N95 respirators are class II medical devices regulated by the FDA, under 21 CFR 878.4040, and CDC NIOSH under 42 CFR Part 84.
- Meets the NIOSH standard of N95 surgical respirators; a subset of N95 respirators, N95 surgical respirators are specifically designed for healthcare
- Disposable and fluid-resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious material
- Filter 95% of airborne particles; does not resist oil-based particles
- N95 respirators’ edges are designed to achieve a seal around mouth and nose
- Standard free shipping
N95 Surgical Respirator Mask Use
- Use in combination with other interventions to help protect against viruses and other microorganisms
- N95s are not designed for use in children or people with facial hair
- Individuals with respiratory or cardiac conditions should consult a medical professional before using an N95 respirator mask
- All N95 masks are designed for disposable, single use. According to the CDC and NIOSH, discard after each patient encounter
and after aerosol generating procedures. Or discard as soon as N95 surgical respirator becomes damaged or deformed; no longer forms an effective seal to the face; becomes wet or visibly dirty; breathing becomes difficult; or if it becomes contaminated with blood, respiratory or nasal secretions, or other bodily fluids.
N95 NIOSH Surgical Respirator Mask Specifications
Latex Free: Yes
Mask Style: Particle Respirator
Metal Nosepiece: Yes (Do not use during MRI exams.)
Product Type: Surgical Mask
Package: Sold in cases. 480 masks per case.